Christ UMC is a diverse community of faith, and our worship music gladly reflects this. Each week our worship services feature a variety of musical styles, ranging from traditional hymns to contemporary expressions of praise. Each week, many talented individuals share their musical gifts, and regardless of style, all of the music is carefully chosen to connect people with the timeless truth of the gospel.
- The worship choir is a diverse and passionate group of people who lead our worship services every week. They are a non-auditioned group who sing a variety of musical styles, ranging from traditional anthems, praise and worship, and Southern Gospel.
- Rehearsals are held Wednesdays at 7:00 pm in the choir room.
- Our church is blessed to have a 3-octave handbell ensemble that practices every week and presents its music throughout the year for worship services and special events. They are especially active during the Advent and Lenten seasons as they provide uniquely worshipful music during these special seasons of the year.
- Rehearsals are held Wednesdays at 6:00 pm in the bell room.
- The men’s choir of our church is an informal group open to any man regardless of ability or experience. They specialize in singing classic and country gospel music, and their music can be heard in our services several times throughout the year.
- Rehearsals are held periodically throughout the year in the choir room following the Sunday morning worship service.
- Each week, a talented group of musicians play for our worship services. Anyone, regardless of instrument, is welcome to join us and play for congregational singing or solo offerings.
- Rehearsals are held Sunday mornings at 9:15 am in the sanctuary.
If you would like more information about our music ministries, please contact our Minister of Music and Worship, Morgan Cassady at email@example.com.
Christ UMC is located in midtown Newport News between J. Clyde Morris Blvd and Oyster Point Rd. We're just a few minutes from Christopher Newport University.
133 Deep Creek Rd.
Newport News,VA 23606
Can't make it to the sanctuary?